The Spirit of Stony Brook Marching Band invites middle school and high school students to be members of the band twice a year. Band Day is celebrated once during football season and once during basketball season to give these students a real feel of what it is like to be a part of marching band as well as pep band. Students will perform a song on the field with the band during its halftime performance at a football game and will play music in the stands throughout a whole basketball game.
Stony Brook Football vs. Charleston Southern
October 6, 6:00 p.m.
To have your band join us for Stony Brook Band Day, please complete the online application »
If you wish to attend on your own or with friends, you must complete the student application »
All applications must be received by Friday, September 28. The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get music to you!
Parent Ticket Information:
There is no cost to students or directors who participate in Band Day. Parents may purchase tickets to the game at the reduced rate of $8. To take advantage of this special offer, call our Athletics ticket office at (631) 632-4513 and use the code words "I’M WITH THE BAND."
This special offer expires at 5:00 pm, October 3.
Benefits for Your Students and Band Program:
- Perform in the halftime show in LaValle Stadium for thousands of Stony Brook football fans at a conference game. We'll supply the music for free and your band will have the opportunity to perform a tailgate show for your band parents and community members!
- Students experience a major university setting up close!
- Work closely with, and meet dynamic college students!
- Enjoy Division I college football and cheer for the Seawolves »
- Dinner and t-shirts will be provided for all students for free!
1:30 pm: Students arrive at LaValle Stadium
2:00 pm: Rehearsal on soccer fields
3:00 pm: Lunch/dinner party, Union Ballroom
4:00 pm: Get dressed for game
5:00 pm: Line up
5:15 pm: Dorm Storm
5:30 pm: HS band concert outside stadium
6:00 pm: Kickoff!