Postdoctoral fellows spend a minimum of 25% of their time in professional psychological services, including the following activities:
- Intervention activities including:
- Acute crisis management
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Mandated assessments
- Consultation activities
- Outreach activities
- Provision of supervision to a psychology intern or other trainee in psychology or related field.
Postdoctoral fellows receive two hours per week of individual, face-to-face, on-site supervision with a licensed psychologist for their clinical activities as well as supervision for their outreach activities and group work. Postdoctoral fellows participate in additional learning activities including Postdoc Seminar and Outreach Seminar. Postdoctoral fellows also attend a weekly Staff Meeting and a weekly Clinical Services Meeting.
Additional Learning Opportunities
Depending on available resources and personal interests, fellows may have the opportunity to receive specialized training and experiences in one or more of the following areas:
- Sexual violence outreach and prevention
- Training and supervision
- Behavioral Assessment Committee/Mandated Assessments
- Alcohol and other drugs (outreach, assessment, and treatment)
- Severe and persistent mental illness
- Mindfulness meditation
- Diversity and/or LGBTQ issues.