Communication with commuter students is a primary objective for the Office of Commuter Student Services. Therefore, we have designed a Blackboard site specifically for commuter students.
The purpose of our Blackboard site is to post general announcements from our office, to channel information from other campus departments straight to you, and to allow commuter students to communicate with each other through the Blackboard Discussion Boards.
How to Sign On to Blackboard:
- STEP 1 Visit http://blackboard.stonybrook.edu
- STEP 2 Hit LOGIN
- STEP 3 Enter your NetID username
- STEP 4 Enter your NetID password
How to Find Out Your NetID Username and Password:
- STEP 1 Log onto SOLAR
- STEP 2 - Click 'Security and Personal Data'
- STEP 3 - The three links pertaining to NetID are called View NetID, NetID Maintenance, and Test NetID
If you have any questions or problems, please visit a SINC Site or click here for more information.
How to Enroll in the Commuter Student Services Blackboard Site:
- STEP 1 - Log on to Blackboard at http://blackboard.stonybrook.edu
- STEP 2 - Click the "Community" tab near the top of the screen
- STEP 3 - Go to "Organization Search" on the left side of the screen, type in "Commuter Student Services" and hit "go"
- STEP 4 - Click "enroll"