Students With Mobile Disabilities
1. Visit the campus early and locate accessible parking, walkways, entrances, elevators, restrooms, etc.
2. If you need housing accommodations, notify DSS, provide medical documentation and, if you are eligible, apply for a medical single.
3. Register as early as possible and be certain that all buildings and classrooms are accessible to you. DSS will work with you to solve problems.
4. Work closely with DSS during the winter months to plan accommodations for the difficulties you may encounter due to ice and snow.
5. If your manual dexterity is limited, be sure to make arrangements for note takers, time extensions, scribes, lab partners, etc.
6. Review Emergency Procedures
7. Use the “buddy” system by informing professors and Residence Assistants that you may need help in case of emergencies.