Students With Visual Disabilities
1. Arrange with the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped (CBVH) for mobility training to help you get acquainted with the campus.
2. Recruit readers and note-takers as early as possible. DSS can help in this recruitment. We need to know if you are eligible for Readers Aid funds from CBVH.
3. If you are not sponsored and need volunteer readers or note-takers, we can request that faculty make an announcement in class. Carbon-free note taker paper is available as needed.
4. Contact the academic departments and the bookstore to obtain textbook information as early as possible.
5. If approved as an accommodation, class content, quizzes, and exams will be converted into an alternative format.