|Machine runs slow.||
• Remove rarely used icons from the desktop.
• Remove pictures and videos stored on your local hard drive.
• Run a quick virus scan.
• Open Task Manager for applications and processes.
• If none of the above work, submit a work ticket.
|Need to lock the wireless network.||
• On the bottom-right of your desktop, you can find an icon "Dell WLAN" in the tray.
• Find the WolfieNet link by clicking on one of the tabs. If you right-click on WolfieNet you will find the option to lock it.
|Desktop is very slow when logging on, then freezes when trying to open Lotus Notes or R25.||
• Open the Task Manager.
• Check the processes.
• Select the process with 100% CPU usage and click on "End Process".
• The process could be Spool Process, R25.
• Kill the process taking 100% usage.
• Issue would then be resolved.
|Machine beeps.||• Submit a work ticket.|
Computer shuts off after a little while;
Computer freezes the next morning.
• Right-click on your desktop, and click on Properties.
• Check for the standby time and change it.
• Shut down your computer before leaving the office rather than putting it on standby.
|Periodically, a 2.5-inch magnifying glass appears on the screen.||• Submit a work ticket.|
|Software dialog box pops up every time during computer reboot.||• Submit a work ticket.|