The Student Health Service offers comprehensive and cost-effective health services for both medical and psychosocial health problems. The staff includes physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists and a social worker.
Medical care includes professional service, i.e., visits to a nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician, laboratory tests, and medications avaliable from the pharmacy. There are charges for certain medications and certain laboratory tests.
Appointments are made upon referral from the General Medical Clinic for the above specialty clinic.
The Women's Center is staffed by gynecologic nurse practitioners, physicians and registered nurses. The Women's Center is located within the Student Health Service on the first floor. Appointments are strongly suggested. Walk-in service is available on a limited basis. The Women's Center provides the following services:
- Complete gynecologic exams.
- Breast exams.
- STD screening and treatment.
- Pap smears.
- Contraceptive methods.
- Menopausal issues.
- Premenstrual Syndrome issues.
- Screening for hyperlipidemia, thyroid disorders and other conditions in females.
- Patient education related to achieving a wellness lifestyle nutrition, and sexuality issues.
- Diagnosis ad treatment of urinary tract infections.
- Depo-Provera injections.
- Pregnancy Testing and Counseling.
Basic routine tests are performed in the lab such as:
- Complete Blood Counts
- Glucose (Fingerstick)
- Pregnancy testing
- Stool blood
- Cultures (throat and urine)
Tests not performed in the campus lab are sent to and billed by an outside lab.
HIV: For anonymous counseling and testing call: 1-800-462-6786