Leaders with a sense of civic engagement find it important to give back to the community and help those in need. How you model this kind of behavior could be key to encouraging others to make a difference as well.
Here are a few suggestions of ways to give back:
1. Become a volunteer with a local organization.
2. Participate in community service activities both on and off campus.
3. Join one of the many recognized student organizations that focus on local, regional, national, and international service.
4. Help the community while also earning a monetary educational award through a program such as Americorps.
5. Participate in Alternative Spring Break Outreach. Email email@example.com for more information.
6. Mentor an underclassman about the opportunities for involvement and leadership development either through an informal role, or in a more formal capacity through programs such as the Commuter Assistant Program, Resident Assistant Program, or Undergraduate College Fellows Program.