Be a Responsible Pet Owner
Owning a pet can be a rewarding experience, but with it comes great responsibility. Here are some tips:
- Heed "pooper scooper" laws. As cited in the New York State Health Law, Section 1310:"It shall be the duty of each dog owner to remove any feces left by his/her dog on any sidewalk, gutter, street or other public area."
- Be mindful of the noise your pet makes — especially outdoors
- Keep your pet on an appropriate leash when walking around the neighborhood
- Maintain a clean environment for your pet inside your home
- Ensure that pets that go outside are wearing an identification tag that includes your contact information
- Spay or neuter your cat if it goes outdoors
Have a pet related emergency? Click here for some local resources.