Welcome Freshmen Students!
Welcome to Stony Brook University! All new freshmen students at Stony Brook University will participate in a two-part orientation. Both Orientation and Opening of School are required for all new freshmen students.
- Orientation Part I is a full-day session that focuses on getting to know your Undergraduate College and registering for classes. Orientation takes place in July and August (fall admitted students) and in January (spring admitted students)
- Orientation Part II, also known as Experience Stony Brook, focuses on getting acclimated to the University climate, culture, and community. Experience Stony Brook takes place during the weekend before the beginning of the semester. Students who do not attend Experience Stony Brook will automatically be enrolled in the ROME (Required Orientation Makeup Experience) course.
To Receive an Orientation Date: In order to receive an orientation date, you should log on to the SOLAR system. Here you can accept your admission by:
- Paying your tuition deposit online
- Paying your housing deposit (if applicable)
- Paying your orientation fee
- Completing the New Student Preferences form
After you have completed these steps, you will be assigned an Undergraduate College and an orientation date based on the order in which your tuition deposit was received. We will begin to assign freshmen orientation dates in mid May. You will receive an email and postcard with your orientation date once you have been assigned an orientation.
|Set up Your NetID|
Resolve new student holds on SOLAR.
Consider your course registration options.