Welcome Transfer Students!
Welcome to Stony Brook University! All new transfer students at Stony Brook University will participate in a two part orientation. Both part I and part II are required for all new transfer students.
- Orientation Part I focuses on advising and registration for your first semester courses. Orientation Part I take place in the summer (fall admit) and the winter (spring admit.)
- Orientation Part II, also known as Experience Stony Brook, focuses on getting acclimated to the University climate, culture, and community. Experience Stony Brook takes place during the weekend before the beginning of the semester. Students who do not attend Experience Stony Brook will automatically be enrolled in the ROME (Required Orientation Makeup Experience) course.
- paying your tuition deposit online
- paying your housing deposit (if applicable)
- paying your orientation fee
- completing the New Student Preferences form
When you have completed these steps, an orientation date will be assigned based on your intended major and the order in which your tuition deposit was received. You will receive a postcard in the mail with your orientation date. More information about winter orientation is available here.
Resolve new student holds on SOLAR.
Review and print general education and major requirements.