Stony Brook Fit Club
This program is designed to help improve fitness and nutrition habits in order to improve total wellness. Benefits of participation include, but are not limited to:
- Learning how to exercise safely and effectively
- Learning how to make healthier choices at home and on campus
- Making wellness part of everyday life
- Having FUN!
- This 11-week program, from February 21st through May 13th (with 1 week of dismissal due to Spring break), will focus on changing the participants lifestyle into a healthier one. The focus will be on reducing their percent body fat rather than weight in general.
- Completed application *
- Registered student, faculty or staff
- Percent body fat over 25% men and 32% women (obese category)
- "Essay" on why they want to be a part of SB Fit Club
- Payment ($50 for faculty & staff, $30 for students)
- The participant will commit to attending most if not all of the following activities provided to ensure their success in the program:
- Mandatory Meeting (time and date TBD)
- Wellness Workshops (4)
- Fitness Activities:
- Participants will receive a free 14-class Group Fitness Punch Card (if applicable)
- 1 private class each week with the other SB Fit Club Members
- Bi-Weekly Measurements:
- Percent Body Fat
- Participants will be in constant contact with Campus Recreation (i.e., Dean Bowen) and will be receiving tips and motivation weekly if not daily through e-mail
For any questions regarding the program, please call Dean Bowen, the Manager of Fitness & Wellness at (631) 632-7263.
* Completed applications can be dropped off, interoffice mailed, or e-mailed to the following address: