Fitness Class Schedule
Please find the Summer complete 2013 schedule HERE! (printer friendly version)
- To register for a class please follow this link
Classes are scheduled to begin on Monday, June 3 and end on Friday, August 16, 2013. There will be no classes offered Thursday, July 4, 2013. Schedule subject to change without notice, please check the online portal/registration page for live classes.
- Campus Recreation Center Membership Information (Graduate Students and Faculty/Staff)
- Want more information about membership? Click here for the brochure.
- Group Fitness Classes will follow the same policy as Academic classes to align ourselves with the University. When Academic classes are canceled, the Group Fitness Classes will be canceled as well. For more information please visit the SBU Advisories page.
Class Participation Minimum:
* There is a minimum number of participants required in order to hold a Group Fitness Class. The minimum class attendance must be three (3) participants or greater registered online. If there are less than three (3) participants registered online, the class will be canceled and the 2 participants will be notified. Classes in which there is consistently low participation (i.e. less that three (3) participants) will be removed from the Group Fitness Schedule.
These changes have been made due to the review of the Group Fitness Class statistics and the costs associated with staff payroll in light of strained operating budgets.
Participation in all recreational sports programs is on a voluntary basis. Stony Brook University, the State University of New York and the State of New York are not be liable for any injuries, damages or other losses which individuals may incur while using recreational sports facilities or participating in recreational sports programs provided by The Department of Campus Recreation. Individuals specifically assume all risks of injuries, damages, or other losses while using any university equipment or facilities at Stony Brook, or while participating in any program, exercise or activity at Stony Brook or on Stony Brook University's premises.
Stony Brook/SUNY reserves the right to take photos of University students on campus. These photos may be used in University publications, marketing materials or on the University Website.