Certified Personal Trainers are available for students, faculty, staff and affiliates who have a valid Campus Recreation Center Membership including Non Campus Recreation Center. Our goal is to educate and empower students and members on how to properly use and incorporate important aspects of fitness and conditioning in their life. Click HERE to view the Personal Training Information Sheet.
*Spring 2014 Personal Training Sale! (students only)*
* Try the new TRX Suspension Training, if you feel like you have hit a wall with your fitness endeavors!
Personal Training Form
Potential clients must print out and fill in a Personal Training Form, and returned it to the Campus Recreation Center. If a physician's clearance is required, there may be a slight delay in the commencement of training. If there are any questions, please call the Manager of Fitness and Wellness at (631) 632-7263.
A fitness assessment may be provided with the purchase of a Personal Training Package. This may include: a blood pressure screening, resting and exercise heart rate, body composition analysis, muscular strength and endurance testing, flexibility testing and goal setting.
All sessions must be paid for in advance and due at time of completed paperwork in the Campus Recreation Center. After signing in to the Online Portal, click "Passes" to select your desired training packages. * The prices will update when they are added to your cart. Personal Training Packages for Non-members are available for purchase in person at the Campus Recreation Center.
Do you and a friend share similar fitness goals? By teaming up with a friend, you will save money and have a great workout partner! There is a maximum of two clients per trainer.
|Number of Sessions||Students||Faculty/Staff|
Client Cancellation Policy
Clients who are unable to attend a scheduled session should call their trainer to cancel. In the event that the trainer cannot be reached, the clients should call the Manager of Fitness and Wellness at (631) 632-7263 at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, the clients will be charged for the scheduled session.
Trainers are obligated to wait 15 minutes for their clients. After 15 minutes have passed, the trainer is not required to lead the session. Sessions starting late will still be completed one hour from the original, scheduled start time. Please communicate with your trainer.
Personal training sessions are one hour long.
All personal training sessions expire three months from the date of purchase.
Completed your sessions? Provide us with Your Feedback!
• Over 11 years of Experience with Results • ACSM & NETA Certified Personal Trainer • NETA Certified Group Fitness Instructor • TRX Suspension Training, KEISER Foundations • BOSU Balance Training, TRIXTER X-Biking • Focus on Functional-Dynamic Workouts • BS in Physical Education • MSed in Adapted Physical Education • Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness Programs
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer • SBU Undergraduate Student in Health Science • 5 years of athletic experience and training • Focus on muscular development & form • Prepared to assist you in reaching your goals
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • Biology and Pre-Med Major • History of Baseball, Track & Field, Football and Basketball • Enjoys Social Activities with Friends • Looking for that determined goal oriented client • Empathetic and Problem Solver
• AFAA Certified Personal Trainer • 20 years experience • Bachelors-Binghamton University • Doctorate-NY Chiropractic College • Multiple time Jiu Jitsu/Grappling Champ • Knowledgeable, Driven, Great Motivator
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • SBU Graduate BS– Biology • Pursuing a career in Physical Therapy • Enjoys Dancing Merengue and Salsa, and Running • Loves to play Basketball and Tennis • Enthusiastic and Active
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • Biochemistry Major • Enjoys Lacrosse, Hockey, Longboarding and Hiking • Power Lifting & Sports Conditioning • Member of the SBU Roller Hockey Team & Club Lacrosse • Knowledgeable and Enthusiastic
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • Math Major • Enjoys Basketball and Officiating Intramural Sports • Fitness is my passion! • Loves Sea Port Deli and watching “HIMYM” • Enthusiastic and Personable
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • Biology Major with a Minor in Art History • Loves tennis, played for 5 years • Functional and overall Wellness Focused • Enjoys being creative with program design • Driven and a Great Listener to your Needs
• PT Certification Prep Course– Graduate Fall 2013 • Mechanical Engineering Major • Loves Sports including Soccer & Lacrosse • Sport Specific Training • Plans for you to Reach Your Goals
• ACSM Certified Personal Trainer • Certified AFFA Group Fitness Instructor, Keiser Cycle Instructor, Groove Method© Facilitator • 5 years experience teaching a variety of formats including Step, Body Sculpt, Kickboxing, Cycle, and Cardio • Graduated from James Madison University with a B.A in Communications. • Manager of Fitness & Wellness Programming