Stony Brook Fit Club
The program will be under construction during the Spring 2013 semester due to low interest. Interested participants/members should contact Amanda Turnbull (information below).
This program is designed to help improve fitness and nutrition habits in order to improve total wellness. Benefits of participation include, but are not limited to:
- Learning how to exercise safely and effectively
- Learning how to make healthier choices at home and on campus
- Making wellness part of everyday life
- Having FUN!
- This 11-week program, beginning February 11, 2013 and run through the semester until May 10, 2013, will focus on changing the participants lifestyle into a healthier one. The focus will be on reducing their percent body fat rather than weight in general.
- The participant will commit to attending most if not all of the following activities provided to ensure their success in the program:
- Mandatory Meeting (time and date TBD)
- Wellness Workshops (3-4 TBD)
- Fitness Activities:
- 1 private class each week with the other SB Fit Club Members
- Consultation with a Personal Trainer
- Bi-Weekly Measurements:
- Percent Body Fat
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol (Monthly)
- Participants will be in constant contact with Campus Recreation (i.e., Dean Bowen & Amanda Turnbull) and will be receiving tips and motivation weekly if not daily through e-mail
Questions regarding the program, please call Amanada, the Manager of Fitness & Wellness at (631) 632-7263.
* Completed applications can be dropped off, interoffice mailed or emailed to the following address(es): (participants can join the club at any time during the semester)
Amanada Turnbull Campus Recreation Center rm 116 z=3131 firstname.lastname@example.org