Campus Recreation Center Employment Application
The Wellness Center Monitor position is responsible for swiping ID Cards, renting out lockers, assisting patrons with questions, cleaning machines, maintaining a safe and clean facility and providing a high level of professionalism and customer service. Please direct any questions you may have regarding Wellness Center employment to Justin Maggio, Manager, Student Administration, Department of Campus Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org
submit the application form along with your resume to Justin Maggio.
Fitness Attendant Employment Application
***Employment is full, but please submit as opportunities may arise***
The Fitness Attendant position is responsible for the management and supervision or the Group Fitness Program. Duties include, but not limited to, overseeing the signing in process, unlocking/locking procedures, maintaining Fusion class data, class preparations/statistics and providing superior customer service. Please download the application and availability sheet, then either scan and email at email@example.com or print out and bring to the Campus Recreation Center, room 115 with your resume attached. If you have any further questions please call the Assistant Director of Fitness & Wellness Programs at (631)-632-4661.
Campus Recreation Lifeguard
Lifeguards will work in teams of 2-3; opening and closing the pool and ensuring the health and safety of all patrons. Lifeguards will respond appropriately to emergencies when needed and enforce the pool rules/policies in the appropriate manner. If you have any further questions, please contact Leslie Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Intramural and Club Sports
We are always accepting applicants for the positions of intramural official and score keeper. Successful applicants will have experience playing sports. For more information contact Christopher Anguita, Manger of Intramural and Club Sports, at Christopher.Anguita@Stonybrook.edu
Fitness Professional Employment
Interested in becoming a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor with Campus Recreation?
If you are not currently certified but interested in taking the proper steps in becoming certified, maybe the Certification Preparation Course in Personal Training or Group Fitness is right for you. The courses are given each Fall semester, meeting once each week for 2 hours each class (non-credit bearing)- Group Fitness is held in the Spring as well. Undergraduate Students cost $85.00, Graduate Students cost $110. For more information email email@example.com.
Find out more information about the position(s): Personal Trainer | Group Fitness Instructor
**Please Note: Applications are accepted at an ongoing basis. Interviews/hiring is completed at an as needed basis or based on the demand.
Fitness Professional Qualifications:
1. Have an outgoing personality with strong communication skills and an eagerness to learn.
2. Acquire or hold a valid CPR/AED certification - Visit the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross web sites for information about certification.
3. Research the following Nationally Recognized and Accredited Organizations:
- American Council on Exercise, ACE
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, AFAA
- American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM
- International Sports Sciences Association, ISSA
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, NSCA
- National Academy of Sports Medicine, NASM
- National Exercise Trainers Association, NETA
4. Purchase the appropriate study materials and/or preparatory workshops. Leave a
few months for study prior to taking the exam.
5. Find a test location and schedule and take the exam.
For more Information on Personal Liability Insurance (not needed if working with Stony Brook University Campus Recreation) follow this link Fitness & Wellness Insurance, FWI