- All classes begin on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 and will end on Thursday, August 18, 2011.
- NO CLASSES Monday, July 4, 2011.
- Schedule subject to change without notice.
- There will be no classes offered on Saturdays & Sundays.
- Each class needs at least 3 participants in order for instructor to teach class. If not class is canceled and participants can remain in space and use equipment.
- The Student Activities Center (SAC) Studios are located on the lower level, next to the bank.
- One free trial class pass is available for new faculty, staff and graduate students.
Please stop by the Wellness Center Office, SAC 225, for details.
Class Participation Minimum:
* There is a minimum number of participants required in order to hold a Group Fitness Class. Beginning in the Spring 2011, the minimum class attendance must be three (3) participants or greater. If there are less than three (3) participants that show up to a class, the instructor must cancel the class. Those participants will have the option of utilizing the space under supervision of the fitness attendant, if they still desire to workout.
These changes have been made due to the review of the Group Fitness Class statistics and the costs associated with staff payroll in light of strained operating budgets.
We realize that at times this policy creates an inconvenience to some students and faculty/staff members. That is why we made the decision to open up access to the space to those affected. While a personal workout may not be exactly the same experience - there is the opportunity to exercise, possibly try something new and meet others.
We anticipate that until the current financial situation improves, we will be forced to continue to look for ways to streamline expenses, while still being able to offer quality services.
Participation in all recreational sports programs is on a voluntary basis. Stony Brook University, the State University of New York and the State of New York are not liable for any injuries, damages or other losses which individuals may incur while using recreational sports facilities or participating in recreational sports programs provided by the Department of Campus Recreation. Individuals specifically assume all risks of injuries, damages, or other losses while using any university equipment or facilities at Stony Brook, or while participating in any program, exercise or activity at Stony Brook or on Stony Brook University's premises.
Stony Brook/SUNY reserves the right to take photos of University students on campus. These photos may be used in University publications, marketing materials, or on the University Website.
** For additional information on Group Fitness Class Descriptions, Medical Policy, or Wellness/Fitness Program Disclaimer, please visit the Campus Recreation Website.