Department of Residential Financial Services
The residence halls and apartments at Stony Brook, as with campus housing throughout SUNY, are “self-sufficient.” What that means is that no State tax dollars, or any other source of funds beyond what students pay to live on campus, go to support the operation of our residential facilities.
Through living on campus, students will:
- have the opportunity to network with other students who share similar interests.
- have more job opportunities, offered only to resident students.
- be able to get more involved in campus life activities.
- eliminate time loss due to commuting.
- be able to become independent individuals.
Visit our "Why Live on Campus?" page for even more reasons to reside on campus.