Please read the position description before filling out the application.
Role of a Conference Assistant: The Conference Housing Assistant (CA) is the front line customer service and risk management support in a residence hall community housing professional, academic and athletic conferences. They will coordinate the guest registration process (including space preparation and assessment), assist guests with facilities and other related housing concerns, and will be general University ambassadors in providing information about the University and surrounding communities to our Conference Housing guests.
Successful applicants must:
- have a minimum Stony Brook GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- must successfully pass a criminal background and sexual offender registry check and have a clean Community Standards record with Stony Brook University.
- may not enroll in more than one course per summer session or hold additional outside employment beyond the Conference Housing position.
- must be available to work a minimum of 29 hours per week.
**To apply you must attend one of the mandatory info sessions:
- February 7 at 7pm in Tabler Black Box
- February 13 at 7pm in O'Neill College Lounge
- February 13 at 8pm at GLS Floor 1 Seminar Room
Please fill out the Conference Assistant Application form before the deadline, February 17, 2017.