In order to apply to be a Welcome Wagon Volunteer, you must meet the minimum application requirements and agree to fulfill the volunteering expectations.
- Students MUST be a resident registered for on campus housing for the Fall 2017 semester.
- Students MUST be enrolled and registered as a full time student.
- Students MUST have a clear judicial record.
(Students found responsible for two or more Level I infractions and/or disciplinary hearings, or, any resident found responsible for one or more Level II or III infractions will immediately become ineligible to participate in Welcome Wagon.)
- To be eligible to participate as a Quad Coordinator, applicants must have participated in Welcome Wagon for 1 year.
- Please be advised that you may or may not be assigned to the building or Quad in which you live.
Welcome Wagon Volunteer Expectations:
Once accepted into the program, volunteers must complete the following duties:
- Students MUST BE AVAILABLE to move into their Fall 2017 Residential Space on Wednesday 8/23/17 between 8:30am - 5pm. Check In will be conducted through the Student's Area/Quad Office.
- Students MUST BE AVAILABLE on 8/24/17 1pm - 5pm for Welcome Wagon training.
(Specific information will be shared throughout the summer.)
- Students MUST BE AVAILABLE to assist with Check-In day- Friday, 8/25/17.
(Volunteer opportunity is only available on the New Student Check-In day)
- Assist new students with the move-in process, including but not limited to the following:
- Physically unload vehicles and help carry students' personal belongings to their rooms.
- Serve as a resource for new students and their families, answering questions and giving directions.
- Assist with the cleanup of your designated building/area after check-in is completed
- Volunteers MUST wear their provided t-shirt and name tag during volunteer assignments.
Quad Coordinator Expectations:
If you are accepted into the Quad Coordinator position, you must complete the following duties:
- Attend and assist with the training of the Welcome Wagon Volunteers on 8/24/17.
- Be Responsible for the general organization of an area/quad with direction from Professional staff.
- Implement problem solving strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills to speak on walkie talkie with Welcome Wagon Director regarding:
- Ensuring bottled water is available
- Automobile/traffic control and monitoring
- Student and pedestrian traffic control and monitoring for safety awareness
- Emergency response (fire alarm, window breaks, health issues)
- Sufficient volunteer coverage per building
- Volunteer Attendance for Quad/Area
- Parent issues
- Facility and hand truck issues (breakage, amount of available hand trucks)
- Campus Resource Information
Note: Accepted volunteers must attend all training sessions and complete all duties. Failure to do so will result in denied permission for early check-in to Residence Hall, as well as denied permission to participate as a Welcome Wagon Volunteer, and/or billing for early access **.
**There is a fee associated with early move-in that applies to returning residents checking in to their housing assignment prior to the scheduled returning student check- in day (Sunday, 08/27/17, 10am-6pm). Fee is waived only for approved welcome wagon volunteers.