Skip Navigation

Personal Property Insurance

The University does not cover damage to students' personal property. It is highly 
recommended that students insure their own personal property via renters 
insurance policy. It is important to confirm with your homeowners insurance 
carrier that student’s property (including computers and other electronics) will be 
fully covered for loss while housed outside of the family dwelling. As stated in your 
TERMS OF OCCUPANCY, the University assumes no legal obligation to pay for loss 
of or damage to items of student’s personal property occurring on campus or in its 
buildings or storage areas. 


Student Insurance Profiles

Student Insurance Facts/FAQs


For your reference, following is a list of insurance companies that offer 
renters/tenants insurance to college students. Please note that the University 
does not endorse any of the companies listed below:

Login to Edit