- HOURS OF OPERATION are from 11:00PM to 3:00AM
- The verification of residents and guest, and the prevention of unauthorized personnel with the use of a check in procedure
- Found at the main entrance of every Residential Hall
- The assistance RAs in cases of emergencies.
- NIGHT SHIFT HOURS OF OPERATION are from 9:00PM to 3:30AM
- EARLY SHIFT HOURS OF OPERATION are from 8:00AM-12:00P
- DAY SHIFT HOURS OF OPERATION are from 12:00PM to 4:00PM and 4:00PM to 8:00PM<
- Ensuring the safety of each residential quad through the means of walking patrols.
- Maintain the integrity and and security of each building by the elimination of propped doors.
- Ensuring that the lights located throughout residential quads are functional.
- Check the functionality of the blue light phones that are located outside each residential building.
- Providing a walk escort service throughout Stony Brook University.
- Provide crowd control during special events.
- HOURS OF OPERATION are from 3:00AM to 8:00AM
- Manages Substation during the AM shifts.
- Responsible for radio dispatching, nightly equipment inventory, and all nightly logs and administrative records.
- Maintain and oversee nightly operations, including emergencies.
- Serve as the nightly dispatcher.
- Frequently interact with desk monitors, field units, and RAs.
- Evaluate the performance of all workers.
- Maintain the RSP substation.
- Frequently interact with the desk monitors of Kelly, Roosevelt, Nobel Halls and West.
- Serve as a secondary dispatcher and also as the dispatcher for campus security guards.
- Oversees specific areas in RSP, including Early, Day, and Night shifts.
- Are first respondents in emergencies.
- Address problems and concerns of employees.
- Conduct recruitment interviews and hold trainings.
You could print out a copy of the brochure at this link.