Advertising Policies and Procedures
Student Activities Center Posting Policy
The Division of Student Life and the Department of Facilities Operations for the Student Activities Center (SAC) & Stony Brook Union (SB Union) encourage departments and student organizations to promote their programs through a variety of outreach efforts. Poster displays in the SAC Lobby have been discontinued in favor of the more effective marketing options listed below.
All posting in the SAC & SB Union must conform to University Policy 615: Posting Information: Posters/Flyers University Wide
CAMPUS CONNECT Student Life ListServ
The Department of Engagement & Activities disseminates approximately two e-mail announcements per week during the academic year in an effort to keep students and staff informed about events and leadership opportunities on campus. To have your events posted please follow these guidelines:
Campus departments and recognized student clubs and organizations are are permitted to have events posted on the CAMPUS CONNECT ListServ.
For club/organization events, events posted must have prior approval by a program Advisor in the Office of Student Involvement and Organizations, or Campus Recreation.
To submit an event on CAMPUS CONNECT ListServ, use the CAMPUS CONNECT ListServ Advertisement Request form:
Weekday edition event submissions must be submitted by Wednesday of the week prior.
- Weekend edition event submissions must be submitted Wednesday the week of.
Stony Brook University uses a digital signage system that is targeted for specific buildings on-campus.
- Campus departments and recognized student clubs and organizations are permitted to have messages posted on SCALA in the SAC.
- Student events posted must first be approved by the program Advisor in the Office of Student Activities or Campus Recreation.
- Events hosted in either the SAC Auditorium, SAC Ballroom A or B, SAC Lobby, and SAC Plaza will receive the highest priority.
- Events should be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the event date.
- To submit an event on SCALA, use the SCALA Screen Advertisement Request form:
- Please submit all requests as a jpeg that is 1920 x 1080 @ 150 dpi max
Last Edited: 3/3/17