Student Health Walk-In Clinic

This walk-in clinic is conveniently located at the Walter J. Hawrys Recreation Center, 2nd floor. It is available to all students and treats minor illnesses and injuries.

The clinic is staffed by a Nurse Practitioner every Tuesday and Friday from 12-4 pm. Students will be able to make an appointment or walk-in as needed.

Clinic Services

  • Assessment and triage of minor illnesses and injuries with referral to the main Student Health Center if indicated

  • Vaccinations such as the flu shot and HPV vaccine

  • Health coaching

For all other services, including lab testing and prescription medications, please visit the Student Health Center.


Tuesday and Friday from 12-4 pm. Appointments are not necessary, but are available if needed.

To make an appointment, please call 631-632-6740  


What is the purpose of the Student Health Walk-In Clinic?
The Student Health Walk-In Clinic was established to make health services more conveniently available to students in the places they frequent the most. The Recreation Center is a central location on campus which is visited by 2,000-3,000 students daily.
What kind of services does the Student Health Walk-In Clinic offer?
It offers an array of services including treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, health coaching and certain vaccinations such as the flu shot and the HPV vaccine.
Do I need to make an appointment to use the services?
No, you can just walk in and see the Nurse Practitioner. However, if you wish to do so, you can make an appointment by calling (631) 632-6740. 
What if I require emergency care?
This facility is not equipped to treat emergencies. If you have an emergency, please contact University Police at 333 or dial 911; from a non-campus phone (cell) call (631) 632-3333.
Why is the Student Health Walk-In Clinic only available 2 days a week?
This is a pilot program and we’d like to assess the need for these services. If further need is identified, we will certainly consider extending the hours!
Is it available to any student?
Yes, any full time undergraduate or graduate student can use these services. It is covered under the Health/Counseling broad base fee.
I am a graduate student who doesn’t have access to the Walter J. Hawrys Recreation Center. Can I still visit the Student Health Walk-In Clinic?

Yes! Once at the Walter J. Hawrys Recreation Center, just tell the reception you will be visiting the Student Health Walk-In Clinic on the 2nd floor.

If your medical issue is more severe, the Nurse Practitioner will refer you to the Student Health Services or other medical facility.